Patient Care Technician/Medical Assistant (Mental Health)
About the company:
Mindful Health Solutions is a leading outpatient psychiatry group practice dedicated to freeing patients from the burden of mental illness. We are transforming outpatient mental healthcare by providing the most advanced, evidence-based treatments available, including Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) and Esketamine therapy. TMS is a highly effective, non-invasive, FDA-cleared therapy for drug resistant depression. Esketamine is an FDA-approved, prescription nasal spray for patients with treatment resistant depression. Led by nationally recognized clinical experts in psychiatry and entrepreneurial healthcare business leaders, we offer compassionate, comprehensive mental healthcare. Our team-based work culture of learning, growth and innovation supports our core values of Accountability, Credibility and Transparency. Our medical clinics are specifically designed to provide our patients, practitioners, and employees with a modern, relaxed, people-centered experience.
About the role:
As a Patient Care Technician in a fast-paced mental health medical setting, this person provides potential patients with information about Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), a non-drug therapy to treat patients with depression disorder. This role is required to provide excellent, friendly customer service throughout all aspects of patient contact. The candidate will assist in managing the front desk process from check in to check out.
In addition, this role will also include responsibilities for all administrative aspects of TMS treatments, including scheduling, tracking insurance authorizations, administering psychiatric rating scales, and patient charting.
- Full time position
- Monday – Friday (No weekends. No early mornings. No late nights. Paid Holidays)
- Competitive Benefits
- No Experience Necessary – Fully Paid Training and Certification Provided
- Greet patients. Collect Co-insurance/Co-pay from patients.
- Answer multiple phone lines and respond to email inquiries from prospective patients.
- Possess thorough knowledge of each physician’s services, requirements, and approaches.
- Scan medical documents into Electronic Medical Records software.
- Adheres to all HIPAA and confidentiality requirements.
- Administer TMS treatments according to specific physician protocols. Set up the TMS medical device and monitor all aspects of the treatment sessions for patient comfort and treatment accuracy.
- Provide excellent patient care and treat patients with compassion while developing trust and rapport. Provide support, reflective listening, and compassion to patients struggling with depression and/or anxiety.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with patient comfort, coil contact, and TMS system setup throughout treatment.
- Administer psychiatric rating scales and counsel patients on completion of scales.
- Record session notes, track insurance authorizations, and schedule patient visits using EMR and medical scheduling software.
- Communicate with a team of certified TMS psychiatrists who oversee patient treatment at multiple office locations.
- Ability to deliver superior customer service to all potential and existing patients. Strong customer service skills and exceptional phone presence are a must.
- Experience working front desk in medical office a plus.
- Candidates with patient care and/or customer service experience will be strongly considered.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, strong computer and data entry skills required.
- Excellent written, verbal and follow-up skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with a team.
- Ability to interact with potential patients, clinic staff, physicians and departments in a professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task with a high degree of attention to detail and bring tasks to completion.
- Must maintain professional appearance and demeanor and interface well with patients in a mental-health setting.
- Must respect and adhere to office guidelines and use good judgment regarding patient confidentiality.
- Successful completion of TMS Certification (training and certification provided during the initial period of employment).
- Experience working with patients who are suffering from anxiety and depression preferred.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree a plus.
Pay range: $22.00 to $25.00 per hour.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law. The employee may be eligible for bonuses and other forms of compensation.